Tex-Mex flavours but without all the added calories! This recipe is spicy, smoky and ridiculously tasty! It’s also low in fat, low in sugar and a great source of natural protein.
500g lean turkey mince
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion (diced)
1 garlic clove (crushed)
1 red chili (finely sliced)
2 cans kidney beans (in water)(400g can)
1 can chopped tomato (400g)
1 tablespoon tomato puree
3 teaspoons chipotle paste
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
20g Dark chocolate (70%)
Dash of red wine vinegar
2 packets of cauliflower rice (most supermarkets sell this)
- Heat olive oil in a casserole dish and gently fry onion, garlic and chilies until soft. Set mixture aside.
- Turn up heat and add turkey mince, cooking until evenly browned and cooked through.
- Add fried vegetables to the turkey mince and then add spices (cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, coriander, cumin and vegetable stock cube. Mix well.
- Now add the tomato puree, kidney beans, chopped tomatoes, chipotle paste, dark chocolate along with 250ml of water and a dash of red wine vinegar. Stir ingredients mixing well.
- Turn up the heat for a minute and then simmer for 1 ½ hours with a lid covering the chilli.
- Heat cauliflower rice (according to packet instructions).
- Grab a spoon and dig in!