Chili made with our lean steak mince doesn’t just taste amazing, it’s a great option for an easy to make dinner! Spicy, hints of smoky and super tasty…give it a go!
500g lean steak mince
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion (diced)
1 garlic clove (crushed)
1 red chili (finely sliced)
2 cans kidney beans (in water) (400g can)
1 can chopped tomato (400g)
1 tablespoon tomato puree
3 teaspoons chipotle paste
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 beef stock cube
20g Dark chocolate (70%)
Dash of red wine vinegar
Rice, tortillas & nachos all go great!
- Heat olive oil in a casserole dish and gently fry onion, garlic and chilies until soft. Set mixture aside.
- Turn up heat and add beef mince, cooking until browned and cooked through.
- Add fried vegetables to beef mince and then add spices – cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, coriander, cumin and vegetable stock cube.
- Now add the tomato puree, kidney beans, chopped tomatoes, chipotle paste, dark chocolate along with 250ml of water and a dash of red wine vinegar. Stir ingredients well.
- Turn up the heat for a minute and then simmer for 45-60 minutes with lid covering the chilli.
- Whilst chili is simmering, prepare chosen sides.