Makes 6 Berry Yorkshires, serving 6
140g plain flour
200ml whole milk
140g caster sugar
125g icing sugar
2 large eggs
1 egg white
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 punnet of blueberries
1 punnet of blackberries
- Pre heat oven to 200c/fan oven or 220c/gas oven
- Add butter and 100g of caster sugar to saucepan and gently heat unlit melted. Set aside.
- Add egg white to mixing bowl and whisk until frothy. Add remaining sugar, butter mixture, eggs, milk, berries and sifted flour. Mix well and transfer to jug.
- Add dash of oil to 6-bun tray and transfer to oven (until oil is piping hot). Once heated, carefully remove and add a large ladle worth of mixture to each hole. Now put tray back in oven and cook for 20min until golden brown.
- Whilst Yorkshire are cooking, prepare icing sugar and add once Yorkshire are cooked and slightly cooled.