Get ready to add another cup with your morning cup of coffee, because these bacon and egg cups are seriously good! Baked eggs wrapped around our delicious oak smoked streaky bacon – it’s a fun breakfast and perfect if you want a delicious Swiss Farm brekkie on-the-go!
Makes 6 bacon cups
12 slices of streaky bacon
2-3 slices of wholemeal toast
*optional ingredients; sautéed mushrooms, tomatoes, cheddar cheese
Pepper to season
Small handful of spinach, finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
6 cup muffin tray, greased
1. Preheat oven to 200c. Heat a pan with oil and gently fry the bacon for around 5 minutes, or until fat has rendered but still soft and malleable (if you’re adding mushrooms, sauté and set aside).
2. Once muffin tray is greased, line each muffin cup with two rashers of bacon (one on top of the other and slightly overlapping), making sure it is tight so egg white will not escape.
3. Cut toast to shape and place at the bottom of each bacon lined cup.
4. Now add one egg per cup and add chosen filler ingredients. Try not to break the yolk!
5. Season with pepper and place in oven cooking for around 20 minutes until egg white is cooked and yolk is soft.
6. Remove from oven and garnish with chopped spinach or your favourite fresh herbs.