This might possibly be the ultimate breakfast! Made with our classic 1972 recipe pork sausages and our oak smoked streaky bacon, this sweet potato hash is quick to whip up and the perfect way to start the day.
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 pork sausages
2 large eggs
4 rashers streaky bacon, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
Handful of spinach to garnish
1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with olive oil and add onion, pepper and bacon. Cook until bacon is browned and vegetables are soft. Remove and set aside.
- Now, add sweet potato to pan and sauté until soft and slightly browned. Combine with bacon, vegetables and set aside.
- In a separate pan, fry the sausages until cooked through (or to save time cook at the same time as the sweet potato!) and cut up into bite size pieces. Add sausages to the sweet potato mix.
- For the eggs, heat oil in a pan and fry until desired readiness. If you’re using a skillet, crack eggs on top of the hash mixture and place skillet in a preheated oven.
- Once eggs are cooked, season with salt, pepper, paprika and garnish with chopped spinach.